This position requires 90% travel both domestically & internationally. A passport is required for the position.
Responsible for leading and coordinating of the installations, subcontracted installations, and finishing remediation work on acrylic produced by Reynolds Polymer Technology Inc. to the highest quality and efficiency while providing excellent customer relations between the customer and RPT management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Extensive international travel required and can be away from the home for months at a time.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring, documenting, performance evaluations, and terminations for employees hired by RPT within the department.
- Communicate and manage the priorities set by the Director of Installations for the project and then monitor to ensure they are completed.
- Communicate any problems, concerns, or any change in the priorities set to the Director of Installations
- Ability to attend/lead meetings as required.
- Coordinate with customers to ensure smooth installation operations and overcome the daily challenges that arise to the satisfaction of the customer and Reynolds Polymer Technology.
- Communicate any and all potential future business to the Director of Installations.
- Concrete inspection- The ability to measure and record measurements of rebate openings, identify and locate cracks, cold joints, and potential problem areas that will require remediation.
- Must have the ability to drill holes and grind concrete.
- Ability to read and understand drawings.
- Construction math required.
- Material handling experience including rigging, forklift operation, hand signals for a crane, and the use of carts and chain falls.
- General knowledge of power tools, fabrication of acrylic panels, and repair of such panels.
- Placement of setting blocks, set acrylic panels into rebates, placement and tightening of temporary clamps, placement of neoprene as required, mixing and pouring grout, hand packing grout as required, preparation of the waterproofing, application of sealant.
- Perform hydro-tests on completed tank installations.
- Trouble shoot and perform repairs on wet side and dry side sealant.
- The ability to work with difficult customers and with other trades while on the jobsite with professionalism and tact.
- The ability to work independently of a support staff on job sites around the world.
- Knowledge of all areas in the shop.
- Other duties assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to make safety the number one priority
- Must be able to become PADI dive certified.
- Must have an understanding of bonding, finishing, quality and casting as well as an understanding of all RPT products.
- Must be able to manage onsite crew for the duration of the project.
- Must be able to get US Passport and International Visa’s
- Must be able to work with HR to ensure travel, lodging and transportation needs are handled correctly.
- Must be able to travel for extended periods of time (days and months)
- Must have an understanding of the manufacturing business and/or operations
- Must be a self-starter with the drive and enthusiasm for quality and yield improvements
- Ability to work with a team
- Must be very detail oriented with a focus on organization
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to multi-task and handle disruptions
- Must work with minimum supervision, be self-motivated and exhibit problem solving capabilities.
- Must be able to become a certified forklift operator.
- Must be able to read and understand a measuring tape.